Wow. Construction inspection nightmare

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope the builder has signed change orders reflecting these changes. If not, I sure hope he is bonded properly.

The poster appears to be an independent construction inspector - something I had never heard of before. I only watched one other video on his Youtube channel but it was also very interesting to see the kind of problems he identifies.

Hmmm.... So, what innocent explanation can you imagine for such wide-spread shoddy work?
What I found interesting, from this self-touted inspector, was his statement, just after his preamble, that he doesn't do roofing, PRIOR TO THE DRYWALL BEING INSTALLED.

I've been in the construction for over 45yrs, both remodeling. and new, and never have I allowed drywall to be installed, until the building was dried in.

While he's
touting all, and some appear legitimate, disparities, he never once sites any inspection notices, from any authority, or record of any potential eng. changes.

It brooches upon a he said, she said scenario.

Back