Is Garage Door Insulation Worth It?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to insulate my garage door to help with temperature control, especially during the colder months.

My garage gets pretty cold, and I’m wondering what the best option is for insulation.

Should I go with foam boards, reflective panels, or some type of insulation kit?

Also, does anyone have experience with how much of a difference it really makes in terms of keeping the garage warmer?

I'm hoping to prevent freezing pipes and also make it more comfortable when I’m working out there.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to insulate my garage door to help with temperature control, especially during the colder months.

My garage gets pretty cold, and I’m wondering what the best option is for insulation.

Should I go with foam boards, reflective panels, or some type of insulation kit?

Also, does anyone have experience with how much of a difference it really makes in terms of keeping the garage warmer?

I'm hoping to prevent freezing pipes and also make it more comfortable when I’m working out there.
https://tlsenergysavers.com/
Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
thanks in advance for any help

I used foam boards on the inside panels of my garage door. You cut a bit oversized, then slide them in and secure the existing bolts and screws to keep the boards from flopping out. They look alot better, gives some soundproofing as the door goes up or down, but honestly it hasn't done anything to mitigate the heat from inside the garage. Mind you, my door is on the north side of my house, so there is no direct sun exposure. Since I have a double door, I needed two kits which cost me about $140 total. 41524.jpg41524a.jpg

Back